Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! Be sure and visit my website and take a look at some of my work. www.primedigitalphotography.com
I have a passion for the creative process, especially as it relates to photography. I feel a sense of urgency and excitement when I am behind the camera and I love sharing my vision of the world and the beauty of God's creation with others.

Jan 28, 2007

My Friend Gary


Well a few days have gone by since my last entry so I thought I would catch up a little. We've had a few warm days so the snowman is a little shorter than he used to be, (pics to come shortly).

I have done some focus tests with my 2 camera bodies and all of my lenses and either I don't know what I'm doing or every single one of my lenses back focuses by about 1/4-1/2". I hope it's just me. I will be conducting some more scientific tests after a little more research.

I have a dear friend named Gary who for the past year or so has been parlplegic. The exact cause still eludes the doctors and after several months of slow improvement in his condition he has started to get worse again.

Chris and I went and looked at a wheelchair van today that he could drive with just his hands and maybe buy it for him, but we went to talk to him afterwards. Turns out he will be moving to a nursing home this summer to receive better medical attention and he'll have more social interaction with other people on a daily basis. A person of his stature, (he is 6' 8"), requires a special van that has floors that are lowered 10" to allow for the height of the person and the wheelchair, so the van question is moot for the time being, (also much more expensive than a normal van). He wants to wait and see if his health improves any in the near future anyway.

Confinement to his apartment was really starting to get to him and getting a ride anywhere is a super big hassle. I can understand why. Most of his day consists of being totally alone until his roommate comes home in the evening. Chris and I were thinking that having his own vehicle would afford him the freedom that he has been yearning for.

I just wish there was something I could do for him. I love him like a brother. I guess being his friend will have to be enough. Anyone who reads this post, please say a prayer for Gary, he needs all the help he can get right now.

No comments: